Grace Confounding

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

Ashamed I crouched beneath your gaze.

Your presence I wouldn’t let touch me.

“Away from me, Oh Holy God,

Condemn the sin within me!”

Your righteous word decreed my death.

Your law stood true against me.

But from your hand I received no wrath.

Your eyes filled with grace and mercy.

‘Tis true I deserve a sinners’ death,

But joy came to me abounding.

Your tender touch, lifted my head,

And taught me of grace confounding,

Of blood so pure and innocent,

That was spilled by sacrificing,

Your beloved Son who is my King,

Who is now risen and reigning!

2 comments:

  1. Sheila Atchley said...

    Jon-O, I just read this again...and it blessed me, again. Just wanted to let you know.

    WE MISS YOU! Hopefully, you'll be back in time to see the wee McConnell baby, when he or she is QUITE FRESH from the oven. :-)

  2. Jonathan Trentham said...

    Thanks. I SO look forward to seeing that precious child!