The Long Awaited Blog Post

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

Without a doubt, it has been too long since I’ve posted on this blog. But today it feels as though the Lord has drawn me into a quiet place where I can focus on sowing into this account of my life. I am back in Cambodia, and this time it’s not for just two weeks. I’ve committed to staying one year, but I am seeking the Lord as to whether He would have me here longer.

This is a season unlike any other I have stepped into. This is a season full of wondrous blessings and vital lessons. For the past few years, it has been as though I’ve been nursed back to health by my dear Savior. I went from a confused, frustrated, prideful, cold-hearted boy, to a child of God who longed for true intimacy and fresh revelation of the Lord Jesus. This process was achieved not through my struggling and working towards God, but rather though sweet revelation of the grace imparted to me through Christ’s suffering on Calvary. He is worthy to be praised, and it is through my understanding of Him, that I am lead to lay my life down daily for the God who was, who is, and is to come. Through Him all good things flow, and outside of Him, there is no good thing. Oh, how I pray that each set of eyes that cross these words would be drawn by His Holy Spirit to further revelation of His love for you.

This season is clearly a season of learning to be a servant not only in my actions, but also in my heart and attitude. And it has truly been a blessing for the Lord to grow those attributes in me, so my actions can genuinely reflect my heart and mindset to serve. But what I have discovered recently that really separates this season from any other I have walked through is the “inner-shell” that this season seems to hold. An inner-shell of peace and stillness. A stillness that is set apart for the work of the Lord in my life. In that stillness, I hold this longing for wisdom and discernment, a hunger for humility, and fertile ground to bury the Word of God in. And during my time spent in scripture the Lord has revealed to me that His investments into this core of my life, will produce the fruits of His unending love and His amazing grace. That is what has drawn me back to this blog. How fitting is it to have a blog name that describes the fruits of my Lord’s work in my life?! The Lord gave me the name of this blog a long time ago, and I now see that I have yet to understand the fullness of its meaning.

I will wrap up this post with some prayer requests that I hope you will take to the Lord on my behalf:

Wisdom and discernment, Unity among the Lighthouse team, Maintaining connection with the Church back in the USA, Spiritual gifts to flow freely, and that God’s gospel of grace would spread through this region and on to all the world.

4 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Hey Jonathan - thank you for updating your blog. It's yet another way to keep in touch with you. I pray for you very often and think of you as much or more. I'm very excited about the work God is doing in and through you.
    With love...

  2. MrsWendy said...

    JONNO!!!!! I was SO excited when I checked my blog this morning and saw that you had updated your blog!!! Thank you for taking the time to post all that has and is happening with you in Cambodia. God is SO GOOD!! He is SO FAITHFUL!!! I read each new post to the kids too. We all miss you! We will continue to pray for you and the team daily. Do post more as you have time. (((((HUGS)))) With Love & Hugs, Wendy & Family

    PS, Tell Lewis & Kristen and the boys "hello" from us!

  3. angelatrentham said...

    This is SO great, Jonathan. I'm clipping out your prayer request paragraph to post on the refrigerator door, and another for my Bible. I couldn't be happier about the way things have started for you in Cambodia. Your mommy loves you.

  4. Liz Overton said...

    Thanks for the update! It's awesome to hear about what God is doing in your life. Praying for you and the Lighthouse team!