Prayer Poetry

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

Abba,

Wont you come and meet me here.
Please come and calm this heart of fear.
I'm lying down on this hard floor,
in this small room behind this door.
There's no one here but You and me.
My heart's been locked, but here's the key.
It isn't much, but here I am.
Please cover me with Blood from the Lamb.

I need Your mercy and Your grace
to shine again upon my face.
I need You, Abba, to meet me here,
to bring me joy, to take these tears.
I come before You humbly now.
I hear Your Word and cry "Ee-Taow!"
I lay down here at Your very feet.
I cant raise my eyes unto Your seat.
My head is low bearing all my shame.
Please take it all in Christ Jesus's name

Please hold me like You used to do.
Capture my heart; draw me close to You!
I am not worthy to be called Your son.
It isn't by anything that I've done,
but solely by Your saving grace
that I've found Your warm embrace.
Renew your Spirit in my soul,
and cleanse my lips with the burning coal
That I may go to the ends of the Earth,
proclaiming aloud Your unfailing worth!

Teach me, O Lord, how to do intercession.
I want to go deep for a strong foundation,
so that I can carry all of the weight
that will eventually be piled upon my plate
I know that the ground looks broken and torn,
but a building of Yours will soon adorn
this hill where You have set me to be
until that day when I will see
You coming down to claim your own,
and gather the seeds that you have sown!

I come to You not in my own name,
but through Jesus Christ whom I proclaim!

4 comments:

  1. Hannah Nichole Atchley said...

    I really like this Jonathan

  2. Tim Atchley said...

    Hey Jonothan,

    Is this your handy work? If so I didn't know you were so poetic. It's great! Keep it up sir!

  3. Jonathan Trentham said...

    Thanks, I have written everything on here unless I mention otherwise.

  4. Unknown said...

    I love to read your posts, Jonathan. Keep writing. It is a precious and worthwhile craft.

    Great job.