The Kampot Cambodia Connection (Issue 4)

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

IMG_1917.JPG

THE KAMPOT CAMBODIA CONNECTION!

-A weekly update from the field by Jonathan Trentham

Elephant School News:

Well this is it! We start our second semester at the Elephant English School tomorrow morning. I have personally tested every student, and after many many meetings and discussions with Lewis and the other school staff, we have finally ironed everything out. We now have all the classes rearranged, as well as students moving up, down, and sideways. Change change change will be the atmosphere of this next week, but I'm excited to see what will come of it. There are many things we are doing differently this time around. We do what we can to learn from our mistakes as well as others, and most of all we try to stay flexible and creative. God has really brought us some great students, and our goal is to serve them with professionalism and excellence, all while pointing them to Jesus. It's not easy, but God has had his hand all over the school since before it opened. There's no doubt in my mind that God has chosen the Elephant English School to have an impact on this city for Jesus Christ. God has shown all to clearly that he was present at the beginning, that He is moving in this season, and that He desires to carry this school because Christ will be glorified. It has been an honor to be a part of something this Christ centered in a place that is so dark.


Recent Happenings:

I dont have too much to write here. I have been super busy working at the school with testing, retesting, and figuring out where to put which students. The weather was rather cool, that was a great relief to me and the rest of the team. In the up coming weeks, I will be spending a lot of time with my nose in grammar books so my students wont catch me off guard with their overly technical questions. I'm looking forward to settling back into a groove of some sorts. The past month has been one thing after another with my schedule. I do love being flexible and keeping things new and different, but there's something to be said for finding a nice pattern and rolling with it. Maybe I'll find it sometime this semester! We'll see. I miss all of you and have been really blessed with all of the responses I've been getting. Keep them coming, and if you havent heard from me personally in a while, please feel free to send me a message, I will try to get back with you as soon as I can.


PS: Thanks again for those of you who are lifting these prayer points up to the Lord. So many of you have been faithful to sow prayer into my time here. It has been a wonderful blessing.


Prayer Points:

  • Visions and dreams to increase among the people of Kampot (Visions and dreams mean a great deal to the Cambodian people, God has used them to stir a curiosity for the Gospel in numerous parts of S.E. Asia)
  • Our Christian brothers and sisters who study at the school, that they will stand strong for Christ Jesus (With the new schedules I will only have two Christian students in my classes, Lam Chan, Sochourrn)
  • Daily fillings of the Holy Spirit to be thirsted for by the people of God in Kampot
  • Effective time management for the Lighthouse team (Almost everyone will be teaching out of a new curriculum on Monday, we all have a lot of studying to do ourselves!)
  • Health and good rest for the Lighthouse Team. (This is a spiritually and physically intense part of the world. Rest and protection from God are needed to maintain our stamina and strength both spiritually and physically)

pcrf047868.jpg

In Christ,


Jonathan Trentham

Romans 12



If you would like to be added or removed from this mailing list please email me at: JRTrentham@gmail.com and I will make the appropriate changes.

2 comments:

  1. Favorite One said...

    I don't know you personally, but I do know I serve the same God that you do. You are in my prayers.

    I used to attend the same high school and church as Lewis, many years ago.

    God Bless You and all you're doing for Him!

  2. Amazing johnathon said...

    It's an interesting and amazing post i am much happy to read some thing different.Great!