Change of Season

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

I’ve made my plans all on my own
And left your palace and your throne
To chase after things I thought were yours
But in the end were all closed doors
I lived in things that were in season
And wanted to stay for no good reason

But that is where I can see
You waiting there, just for me
Your everywhere I have ever been
Always waiting till I come and then
You pick me up and set me right
And give me wings that give me flight

You’re always there like the best of friends
Walking with me till this world ends
I stare into your vast unknown
And I want for all to be known
By me and those I love the most
Until we cry out and in you boast

For what else is there that is ours
Than to boast in but your amazing powers
Which save and bring things to new life
And take away all pain and strife.
There is none other than you, Lord
That is worthy of such a great reward

Your word shines through me like a light
And sets my actions and plans right
If not for you and your amazing ways
I would be lost for all my days
I wish I could make it up to you
But all I can would never do

So I’ll take this day, and I’ll take the next
And live those all based on your text
Your amazing word that you sent to me
That shows me how I need to be
For there’s no other way that I know
Than to pray to you and seek to grow.

0 comments: