Draw Nigh

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

Why do seasons change? I ask
As I work through life to do a task
I was surprised I must admit
To find that things had changed a bit
I look around to see the snow.
Where it went I do not know
I turn to God to ask Him “why?”
His reply to me was to “draw nigh”
I went to Him and to His Word
And this is what my spirit heard:

When you focus on one thing
You often miss the change to spring
It’s something I long for you to see
To watch life flow into the tree
And see the grass sprout up and grow
And all of this I want to show

It’s been too long since you looked around
You’ve been so focused on the ground
I need you watching what I do
O I wish you only knew!
What it is I have in store
For those who will seek Me for more
And to take each day as it arrives
Then it's in your spirit My love thrives

Listen child, it’s now I‘m moving
This is the moment to be improving
Every part that you have inside
So all that’s sin in you has died

Spend time in My Word and know It well
From it My Spirit will surely swell
And grow in you and guide your ways
Even until the end of days

And what’s this task you’re working on
I don’t remember me passing it on
Since when did I say to do these things?
It seems like you’re attached to all these strings
You’re a child of Mine and as such free
To do as I say and in all ways be
Able to do everything I ask
Not to be bound by your own task
So follow me, I’ll lead you back
Back to my throne and back on track
There is no fear that you should hold
I need you to stand and to walk bold

Winter season is done, look for change
It will be different, but My love’s not strange
You know it well so abide in it
Don’t turn back, get out of the pit
You’ve dug for yourself that’s o so deep
Just grab My hand and with one leap
I’ll have you back from where you’ve been
And back to Me you will begin
To walk and run and soon will fly
Until not long you will be nigh

0 comments: