I need some prayer.

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

Recently I have been struggling to actually sit down and write out some of the things God has been showing me. God has been speaking to me so much, and I have so much to share, but there always seems to be one reason or another for me to delay typing it out. So after weeks of fighting with this, I have decided that it is time for me to call in the reinforcements. I am making this post to ask for prayer for my blog.

Too often God's words cry out from inside me, but somehow I have managed to keep them bound in my mind and heart, never to be seen by others. I cannot stand to take this much longer. I need prayer that I will conquer whatever fear and self deception I have allowed to take place, and through that God given victory, step forward and make a stand for my King.

I have this strong desire to use this blog to bring glory to God, and encourage His followers. And without His help, I cannot do this. So if you wish for a place of refreshment, revelation, and encouragement, please spend sometime asking for God to move strongly through me, to bring such a place to this blog.

Nothing I have written here has come from my mind or heart, but rather from the pure and awesome pen of the Holy Spirit. He is the Writer of my Faith, and the Guide to my Path. Pray that I will rely fully on Him, and allow Him to do His work through me.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Praying for God to use you more and more! Elaine Slay

  2. Sheila Atchley said...

    Hello, dear Johnathan!
    Just write, my friend. Just write. Don't be afraid, don't be self conscious, don't even try to be overly spiritual about it. Write. Write what you are seeing about God, and experiencing in Him. Some of it will "go over" really well, some of it will not go over at all.

    Nevermind. Write anyway. Your life will be the richer for it.

    I know that I will be greatly encouraged, just by seeing you make the consistent attempt. It will do my heart good. And I have no doubt you will say things, now and again, that will delight my heart, and even change my day! (I love how God first changes a mood or changes a day - which translates into a changed life!)

  3. Liz Overton said...

    I'm praying and looking forward to reading what God leads you to write!

  4. Mauk said...

    Well jonathan Sheila is right. You can't let anything hold you back, whether fear of inadequacy or that your words aren't "deep" enough. The most important thing for a writer to do is write! Just put your fingers to the keyboard and type whatever comes to mind. Just keep typing till you feel you've gotten the message God has for you as well as others out. If I only wrote down the things that I felt were great, I wouldn't have very much written, and eventually I'd quit altogether. Don't get discouraged when you feel like your writing isn't where it should be. Don't let the struggles of writing get you down. We all have times of "writers block". During those times pray, sing songs of praise, read the Word. This will get your focus off of what you want to say and onto the Father, so you can better hear what He has to say. Do not try too hard to write on your own limited knowledge, but the knowledge of the one true God. Put your trust in Him so that ALL the glory be His.
    God Bless
    Brandon

  5. Mauk said...

    OH! One more thing! I encourage you not only to post the poems Gods written through you on here, but also to read them aloud in groups. Its like I keep asking this person I'm helping.. Do you belive the words you write are from God? Can God speak to others through words He's given to you? Are we not all needing to hear the words of God? Then why do you not share them with others? Now you're doing more than most by posting them online. But some people don't have access to the internet, or will never come across your blog. Even people you see everyday. So I encourage you to read the words aloud to others. Humble yourself, step outside your comfort zone and speak the words aloud.
    God Bless
    Brandon