The Day the Stars Fell

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

Would you look at us
How far we have come
From a band of rebels,
To our own kingdom
Just look at our greatness
And our grand statues
Even our clothes are nice
From our hats to our shoes
There can’t be a way
That a culture like this
Could be brought straight down
And thrown into abyss


Oh how young you are
Oh if only you knew
The things which will come
And the time that is due
For such a nation like this
Will surely crumble and fall
And nothing will remain
Not the short or the tall
With nothing left standing
Not even your pride
You will run to the mountains
And therein will hide

How can this be?
Oh such a crime
How will we know?
When it is time?
Please give us the date
So we can prepare
Please tell us right now
We need you to share!

Don’t be too eager
To hear such speech
For many will come
That they might reach
A following that is
Not truly for Me
But instead is pursuing
My own enemy
They will say “I am He”
The one who has come
To guide you back into
The Lord’s Kingdom
But do not be fooled
By such a man
For not even I know
My Father's end plan
Yes, wars will rage
And earthquakes as well
But these things aren’t the end
Though it may seem like Hell
There will be great famine
And you’ll search for a crumb
It is only the beginning
Of what is to come

Be careful my chosen
For you will be hunted
And brought before counsels
And you’ll be confronted
For all of your dealings
And actions towards me
You’ll be attacked in churches
Oh just wait and see
You’ll be hard at work
Working my land
Only to be betrayed
By a trusted hand.
But do not worry
About what you will say
My Spirit will guide
Your words on that day
You will be hated by all
And will feel mistreated
But you will be saved
And the enemy, defeated

I gave you these signs
Don’t let them die away
For the time is coming
Keep watch for that day
For when it approaches
You won’t want to be caught
If you don’t watch for it
You’ll end up distraught
Looking for a way
To get it all back
You’ll look at your life
And all that you lack
But nothing can be done
To redeem that time
The world’s final hour
Has made its last chime
You should flee as quickly
As your body will go
Don’t go get supplies or
Seek those you know
You must make haste
And find some cover
What the world will go through
You won’t want to discover

It is then, only then
That I will return
I have told you this now
So that you will learn
You won’t hear me proclaimed
Through the voice of a man
But instead I will return
In a way only I can

After the hard times
The sun will grow dim
The stars will all fall
And the sky will look grim
The moon will darken
And shine not its light
And all of the people
Will try to make flight
They will cry out to heaven
And to all they will yell
That this is the day
The day the stars fell

When these things come to pass
Keep an eye to the sky
For it is that moment
That I will pass by
I will be on the clouds
With power and glory
I am speaking the truth
This is no child’s story
My angels will gather
All those who are mine
And take them all up
Up to see the Divine

I have told you these things
So that you will know
For much like a fig tree
After the winters snow
Will stick out its branches
And leaves will then sprout
Showing that summer is
Coming and winter is out.
Please learn these signs
So you won’t be surprised
For many will claim
That it was all disguised
Keep a watchful eye
And a prayerful heart
And with just those things
Your preparation with start

Stay hard after me
And please don’t stray
I will be like a master
Who went far away
Leaving jobs for his servants
To do in his leave
But his return is unknown
So don’t be naive
Would be a shame for you
To be found fast asleep
When the master comes back
Oh how you would weep

So I’ll leave you with one
Final word of advice
Watch, again I say watch
Or you will pay the price.

The book of Mark, chapter 13

0 comments: