When you look at me

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

Do you see a strong young man
Or see a scared boy running?

Do you look to me for guidance
Or hear my words as nothing?

Do you see a righteous Christian
Or believe that I’m still sinning?

Do you think that I have courage
Or think I fear what’s coming?

Do you see joy inside my eyes
Or think deep down I’m crying?

Do you believe I tell the truth
Or think that I am lying?

I wonder when you look at me
What exactly you do see
Is it something you find holy
Or do you think that I am lowly?

What I say is I am each
And it’s only when I reach
To the Lord who sits on high
And to Him my soul draws nigh
That I start to become the man
Who walks in line with God’s plan

It’s only then, oh cant you see!
That the person who is really me
Steps out from all I used to know
And in Gods grace begins to grow

It’s by His Spirit I walk each day
For without His guidance I would sway
Back to the man I used to be
And change the way you look at me

Thank you Jesus for my new heart
It has given me my new start
Without it I would fall again
And I don’t like the man I’d been
I love the man you made me to be
And all I ask is that all may see
Your Truth and Love and Life in me

0 comments: