The Cry of My Heart

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

Lord, I praise you with every fiber of my being
There is nothing in me that is being withheld
From this time of complete worship
I give it all to you
This life came from you and I give it all back
Just to know that you have more for me
All you started with was my broken heart
Because I didn’t have anything of worth to give you
But you accepted my gift, and made me yours
What else could I have offered you
What else could I have asked for

I follow you, because I love you
If I didn’t love you, I couldn’t have come this far
But I have never regretted a single step I made towards you
You have filled my cup time and time again
To the point of overflowing and then so much more
Oh Lord God Almighty, may your praises be lifted up
I worship you with just a joyful heart, for I have nothing else
Worthy to praise you with, this body cannot dance
Graceful enough to be worthy of your court, and my lips
They cannot sustain a single note on key
What then, besides my heart, can I bring before you

I ask only for things that I can turn around and glorify you with
I do not ask for anything that would not bring worship to you
If you give me knowledge, may it be to show the infinite understanding you have
If you give me money, may it be to show the vast treasures you own
If you give me a craft, may it be to show the creativity of the Creator
If you give me a gift, may it be to show the promise you made to provide
If you give me a friend, may it be to show that you will never allow me to be alone
If you give me a word, may it be to show the perfect wisdom you share
If you give me a song, may it be to show your awesome holiness
And if you give me grace, may it show your eternal love for me

What else can I do to serve you, I sit at your feet and watch
Waiting for my next task, I remain only yours
There is none like you, allow me to show you to others
Your praises flow from inside me, they burst forth
And your blessings blast me like a tidal wave
They crash into my life saturating all that I am
Is it possible for me to drown in your glory
Oh, I would if I could
To be baptized like a sinking ship
By your truth and life
As your love covers me inside and out
Teach me your ways
That I may walk in your presence
That I may bring glory and honor to you
Oh worthy Lamb of God
King of kings, Lord of lords, Master, Teacher, Father, Friend
You are my all in all, and you hold me up
And close to you, never to leave your side
I am yours, and you are mine
Teach me your grace, show me your love
For with those things, all things are possible
Your wisdom shines light, and separates truth from lie
And is at the taking, should I only ask
And so I ask, I cry out to you, and you reply
In a still small voice, that it is mine
Thank you for everything, because everything I have has come from you
And I seek to glorify you, through everything I have
I thank you, and praise you in the name of Jesus the Christ

0 comments: