Headfirst

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

I went to work and did my job
But in my heart there was an angry mob
Like something inside me was about to burst
I wanted to dive out of that building headfirst
So much anger and frustration was held up inside
Until even someone like me could have cried
And it was all I could do to hold it all in
While thinking, “if I blow up, would it be a sin?”
As though anger were something thought unchristian
Surely Jesus Christ himself must have been

I held it all in but my smile was gone
I soon closed off and became withdrawn
So I thought to myself “what’s gone wrong”
Should I voice my opinions or should I stay strong
What should I do and where should I go
The answer to these I desire to know
I’m so ready to leave but haven’t the place
So I cry out to You and I seek Your face
I require a change or at least some more grace
I wish I could just leave, but that isn’t the case

0 comments: