Lonely Winter

Posted by Jonathan Trentham

Winter was a cold cold season
That left me down for no good reason
Lonely skies without an end
While through the air blew a dead wind
My heart was killed by that winter cold
As it whispered the last secret told
But with that last little breath of life
Ended all my pain and strife

For in that moment I looked to see
A wall of light approaching me
A glorious blast of color filled sky
Caught my dried and weary eye
A wave of warmth overtook my soul
As the wave passed over making its roll
Through all that was surrounding me
As though this world was one big sea
I jumped to my feet to look around
But then I heard this still small sound

It was a voice that I knew I once knew
But I still could not figure out just who
So I spoke back to it to find out more
And then I remembered the distant shore
Where I used to walk with a Friend so dear
And had made a promise to stay near
So I ran to Him, and fell at His feet
As He sat there on His judgment seat
But I wasn’t scared of the words
He hadI loved this man as a son loves his dad

I cried for having lost my way
And thanked Him for this brand new day
Where I can walk in His loving grace
And never turn from His joy filled face

0 comments: